Accessibility statement for caat.org.uk
This accessibility statement applies to all websites at the domain caat.org.uk.
These websites are run by Campaign Against Arms Trade. We want as many people as possible to be able to use these websites. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not always reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- you cannot change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams and most older video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘events’ pages
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and aim to get back to you within 14 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘events’ pages, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us:
Include the following information when reporting an issue:
- which webpage is involved
- the model of device you are using
- the operating system and version you are using
- the browser you are using – go to whatismybrowser.com and let us know what it says
- any steps you took that led to the issue
- the text of any error messages you saw – a screenshot is helpful but not essential
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us here.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some image copyright notices fail WCAG success criterion 1.4.3 (contrast minimum).
We plan to improve contrast and readability of image copyright notices by September 2021.
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Interactive tools and transactions
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
Our forms are built and hosted through third party software and ‘skinned’ to look like our website.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 26 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 27 April 2021.